I keep reading about doctors prescribing glucosamine for arthritis. Will this medication help my back pain?

Dr. Michael Rimlawi
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Facet Arthropathy
You do have joints in the back called 'facet joints' that can become arthritic & cause pain.
The pain patients generally complain of when they have arthritis in their spine is when they lean back & the pain increases. If you have this pain you could have 'facet arthropathy'. It's something that can be treated symptomatically first with cold/hot compresses, nsaids, activity modification & rest.

In brief: Facet Arthropathy
Dr. Michael Rimlawi
Dr. Michael Rimlawi
Dr. Videh Mahajan
In brief: Back pain
Its available otc.
Your doctor does not have to prescribe it. It can be tried to see if its helpful.

In brief: Back pain
Its available otc.
Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Arnon Rubin