Mother of my baby has dysmenorrhea. What does this mean for future?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Cramps with periods
Dysmenorrhea is painful menses.
The symptoms are ususally cramps during the menstrual period. The pain is often treatable with over the counter medications like advil, aleve, (naproxen) aspirin, and many others inculding many specifically marketed for this reason. Most women will have significant improvement in their symptoms while using oral contraceptives.

In brief: Cramps with periods
Dysmenorrhea is painful menses.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Kevin Daus
In brief: Dysmenorrhea
I don't think it means much for her future since it is so common.
Advil and Aleve (naproxen) seem to work well for this and also birth control pills. If she is on this treatment and still having problems, have her go back to her gyn doc. Hope this helps!

In brief: Dysmenorrhea
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Jane Van Dis