Just got a clean bill of health from my doctor :) but he said I need to take precautions to avoid getting non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. What can I do?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Healthy lifestyle
Obesity is the main cause for non-insulin dependent diabetes.
To avoid it, make sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle: keep weight normal, if overweight or obese, try to lose weight, be active, increase exercise, use alcohol in moderation....

In brief: Healthy lifestyle
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
In brief: Eat and be healthy
Start by eating a balanced diet that isn't carb loaded.
Exercise, to improve fitness. Obesity is a major risk factor, so avoid that.If you are overweight, start workings towards weight loss.Good luck!

In brief: Eat and be healthy
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Steven Seres