Nose bleeding when doing jiu jitsu, help!?

Dr. James Okamoto

In brief: Try vaseline!

Hi! Glad to help out a fellow jiu jitsu practitioner! I hate getting blood on my gi, and who wants to train with cotton stuck in their nose? One thing that often happens, is the bleeding site gets a scab, and the next time you train the scab gets rubbed off! Put a little vaseline on a qtip and GENTLY apply a little in the nostril.
This will help keep the scab from drying and rubbing off!

In brief: Try vaseline!

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Nosebleed

The vast majority of nosebleeds are not serious at all.
If brought on after being struck in the nose, i would expect it to stop on its own. If it just started with exertion, it may need to be cauterized, a simple procedure done by an ENT in the office.

In brief: Nosebleed

Dr. David Martin
Dr. David Martin
Dr. William Forsythe