Is it bad luck or bad genes that made me develop neuroblastoma?

Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Bad luck

Neuroblastoma is sporadic and not genetic or hereditary.
There are genes associated with it, but is usually a chance miss combination of the chromosomes as the fetus is formed. There are only about 450-500 cases a year in the U.S.

In brief: Bad luck

Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Neuroblastoma

I am afraid both of them .
How old are you, by the way? Neuroblastoma is almost exclusively a disease of children. It is the third most common childhood cancer, after leukemia and brain tumors, and is the most common solid extracranial tumor in children. In the United States, the incidence is about 600 cases a year. I hope and wish you the best.

In brief: Neuroblastoma

I am afraid both of them .
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho