Is it bad luck or bad genes that made me develop liver spots?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Neither

Liver spots are no big deal.
They are caused primarily by prolonged sun exposure. I suppose you could make a case for "bad genes", since fair-skinned people are more prone to get them. But there is nothing "bad" about them; they are a mark of maturity.

In brief: Neither

Liver spots are no big deal.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Neither

It is sun exposure, and the fact that you have lived long enough to develop them. Liver spots are a "mark of maturity", and while they are cosmetically unacceptable to some people, they are of no concern unless they itch, bleed, or change color abruptly.

In brief: Neither

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern