If we treat my child's puncture wound of the toe will it be gone, or do I need to keep worrying?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Probably not
If properly evaluated, treated and managed, the wound should heal uneventfully.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: When to worry
Most puncture wounds heal rapidly with first aid treatment but there can be exceptions.
If you have reason to believe that a foreign body is lodged in the puncture wound, then it usually has to be removed for healing to occur. If it is not at the surface, then a doctor must be consulted. Also medical issues such as diabetes or chemotherapy make us worry more!

In brief: When to worry
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: "we" means who?
Treat it how? On the other hand, puncture wounds always go away-- it's the bactria left inside that could've a problem-- especially tetnus.
Only a dr can set if treatment is needed.

In brief: "we" means who?
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery