If I develop dilated cardiomyopathy, how will it be treated?

Medication. It depends on the reason for the cardiomyopathy. If it is due to disease in the coronary arteries then there are procedure that can open the blood flow to the heart muscle. Otherwise medications are used to help the heart function more efficiently. Occasionally there are reversible causes like thyroid disease. A cardiologist is the best person to discuss this with.
Multifacet approach. Beta blockers, ace inhibitors/ arb agents plus aldosterone inhibitor (spironolactone or eplerenone) are mainstay. In addition based upon amount of fluid retention a loop diuretic such as Furosemide is added. Devices such as icd (implantable defibrillator) and crt (cardiac resynchronization therapy) is appropriate in some patients. Salt restriction and exercise program helps.