I've just been told I have gum disease, should I be concerned?

Dr. Mary Efremov
It can lead to loss of healthy teeth you need a dentist who is competent.

Dr. Mary Efremov
Dr. Mary Efremov
Dr. Eric Linden
Dentistry - Periodontics
In brief: Maybe..but
If you have been told you have gum disease, then you should seek a lanap ( laser) trained periodontist for a complete diagnosis and treatment plan.
If you need treatment and you qualify, then this would be the least invasive way to get the gum disease under control. Http//:www.drgums.com.

In brief: Maybe..but
Dr. Eric Linden
Dr. Eric Linden
2 comments
Dr. Barry Levin
LANAP is NOT the only or even the most efficacious form of treatment by any stretch. Definitive diagnosis & appropriate treatment is key.
Dr. Eric Linden
I agree with Dr .Levin that a definitive diagnosis and appropriate treatment be suggested. However, the point I was trying to make was to have the option of a LANAP trained doctor if the patient is a candidate for this type of approach. If the doctor is not trained, then the patient would not have this option available to them as part of the informed consent.
Dr. Barry Levin
Dentistry - Periodontics
I recommend you see a board-certified periodontist for a thorough examination.
Treatment can range from non-surgical therapy to surgical treatment. Depending on the nature & extent of your disease, the treatment can vary. Beware of one-fix for all doctors. Everyone's condition is unique & comprehensive treatment & maintenance are key to maintaining your teeth.

Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
Gum disease or gingivitis can also be associate with the condition known as periodontal disease.
Several medical studies have linked periodontal disease to numerous other health issues from cardiovascular disease to pregnancy. Your dentist should be consulted to evaluate and treat this condition on a regular basis.

Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. Keegan Duchicela