I work really hard to stay in shape and eat right. Now I have a diagnosis of kidney cancer. What else can I do so that it doesn't affect my overall health?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Needs removal

If your cancer is removed, by surgery or otherwise, then you need to do nothing different.
Of course you need continued surveillance through you doctor to make sure no recurrence is happening. There is nothing that you have done wrong to end up with cancer of kidney and therefore there is nothing otherwise that you need to do different. But if too late to remove it, chemotherapy is what you need.

In brief: Needs removal

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Richard Sarle
Mainstay of kidney cancer treatment is surgical....if T1 very high cure rates

In brief: Kidney cancer

Get cancer out.
....Don't smoke.....Lose weight.....Eat healthy......Wear your seatbelt.....Get a colonoscopy.....If cancer is t1 then chance of cure > 90%.

In brief: Kidney cancer

Get cancer out.
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery