I work really hard to stay in shape and eat right. Now I have a diagnosis of dysthymic disorder. What else can I do so that it doesn't affect my overall health?

Dr. Julia Frank
In brief: Improve dysthymia
You might look at seligman's book learned optimism, to identify ways of changing your thinking that would improve your baseline moods.
A psychotherapist can also help you with that. Psychologists, social workers, masters' level nurses, licensed professional counselors and pastoral counselors do this as well as psychiatrists.

In brief: Improve dysthymia
Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Therapy - Meds
It's important to continue paying attention to your physical health.
You will also want to start with a therapist who can help you examine your outlook and approach to life. Medicines may also be of benefit for some of your symptoms.

In brief: Therapy - Meds
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: Keep taking good
Care of yourself! and try developing a really positive outlook on life.
See a therapist who can help you with this.

In brief: Keep taking good
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich