I work really hard to help my kids stay active and eat right. Now one has a diagnosis of depression. What else can I do so that it doesn't affect overall health?

Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Encourage, Support
Make sure that your child has an environment of encouragement and support.
Be aware of conflict in the child's life that would contribute to depression. Be sure your child receives adequate treatment.

In brief: Encourage, Support
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Laura Davies
In brief: See child psych
Unfortunately, depression has many causes, including physical, psychological, social, and genetic.
The best thing you can do for your child is actively participate in their care with the child psychiatrist. Resources on www.Aacap.Org called facts for families can be helpful.

In brief: See child psych
Dr. Laura Davies
Dr. Laura Davies
Dr. Shontae Buffington