I want to know my options for treating kleptomania?

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine

In brief: See below

I know of no specific treatment but f/u with a counselor experienced in impulse control issues is a start.
Meds that help impulsiveness may have a role but are largely not looked at for this specific indication or process addictions in general.

In brief: See below

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser

In brief: Impulsivity

This condition may be a form of obsessive compulsive disorder, or an impulse control problem. Various treatment options are available and include counseling and/ or meds.
Meds that may help include ssri's like Prozac and celexa, often at relativly high doses. Ocd meds such as Anafranil and Luvox (fluvoxamine) can be used. Sometimes beta blockers are used. Examples of the latter include propanolol and atenolol.

In brief: Impulsivity

Dr. Brandon Riesenmy
Dr. Brandon Riesenmy