I read a blog post about gilbert's disease. But I'm still not clear - what is it?

Gilbert's disease. Gilbert's disease is an inborn error of metabolism resulting in an increase in unconjugated bilirubin in the blood stream. It does not cause any symptoms other than occasional jaundice, usually only when there is an underlying infection or some other form of stress. Bonus: people with Gilbert's often have low risk of heart disease. Hope that helps.
Gilbert's disease. It is a familial (autosomal dominant), common (2-5% of people), unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia (blood bilirubin measures 1-5mg/dl), not due to breakdown of blood. It is associated with reduced enzyme levels of udp glycuronyl transferase, that results in jaundice when patients fast or suffer an infection. It does not shorten life or raise insurance rates, but may predispose to tylenol (acetaminophen) toxicity.