I know some people are more likely to get mycoplasma genitalium than others. Which ones?

In brief: Unprotected sex
Since mycoplasma genitalium lives on the lining of the uretra in men and the cervix in women, if one has unprotected sex with an infected partner they are more likely to become infected.

In brief: Unprotected sex
Dr. Brian Powers
Dr. Brian Powers
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: STD
Mycoplasma genitalium apparently causes about 20% of cases of non-gonococcal urethritis.
Another 30% are caused by chlamydia species. These cases are often viewed as sexually transmitted diseases. Std's are more frequent in persons who have unprotected sex with increased numbers of sexual partners. I am not aware of other associations. May be more common in men than women.

In brief: STD
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff