I know pharyngeal pouch has consequences. What are they?

Dr. Paul Harper
Surgery

In brief: Trouble swallowing

Pharyngeal pouches occur most commonly in elderly patients (over 70 years) and typical symptoms include difficulty swallowing or painful swallowing, regurgitation, chronic cough, aspiration, and weight loss.
It is also known as a zenker's diverticulum. The treatment is surgery.

In brief: Trouble swallowing

Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Addagada Rao
Yes, dilatation also helps
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery

In brief: Pouch?

I thi k you mean a diverticulum? If that is what you mean, depending in the size it may need surgery.
It can be the cause of bad breath and it could harvest cancer for which reason most are dealt with surgically. Depending on size and anatomy is the procedure to be done.

In brief: Pouch?

Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery