I have a very good health food store with a knowledgeable owner. If she suggests a certain root or herb, can I use it safely for puncture wound of the foot?

Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Perhaps...
If the wound is superficial (that is, likely to heal on its own), i see no problem. If it is deeper, you probably need to be seen to make sure you don't need antibiotics to prevent a serious infection.
Also, make sure your tetanus immunization is up to date. A tetanus infection can be life threatening and a tetanus booster will prevent any problems there.

In brief: Perhaps...
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Only if simple
Adter completing a medical and surgical evaluation and confirming tetanus status, you could consider health food supplements but i would discuss with your physician first.

In brief: Only if simple
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
I guess you need to ask yourself why would you trust someone with less knowledge than your doctor.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: No
Not in my ppinion.

In brief: No
Not in my ppinion.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Mathew John
Podiatry
In brief: No
A puncture wound to the foot often can get severely infected.
You need to be evaluated and determine if there is any residual foreign body from the puncture wound. A wound culture needs to be obtained to determine any infecting bacteria which will direct the doctor to place you on the appropriate antibiotic. An infection out of control can lead to amputation or sepsis or both.

In brief: No
Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery