I have a very good health food store with a knowledgeable owner. If she suggests a certain root or herb, can I use it safely for infertility?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Buyer beware
The grapevine and the internet are filled with remedies, herbs, otc drugs, diets, vitamins, supplements, and tricks to 'make you more fertile.
' not one is proven: at best they don't work and at worst, could be dangerous. That said: a healthy diet, limiting caffeine and alcohol, avoid tobacco, moderate exercise, and staying healthy all support natural fertility.

In brief: Buyer beware
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
In brief: Infertility
There are numerous causes of infertility.
One has to consider both male and female factors that may cause the condition. Although I am a physician who practice both traditional and alternative treatments, i would recommend looking for a cause of your infertility before spending money in supplemental treatments.

In brief: Infertility
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. Mark Perloe
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Herbs
Unless they have been tested for heavy metals, and documentation can be provided, i'd skip it.
Why spend money on things that "might" be of benefit, when there are a myriad of effective options. Supplements and herbal remedies purported to be of benefit, are money gambled on a guess. Unless there is peer reviewed evidence, save your money.

In brief: Herbs
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Adam Levy