I have a very good health food store with a knowledgeable owner. If she suggests a certain root or herb, can I use it safely for an eye infection?

Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Ophthalmology
In brief: No!
There are no roots or herbs to treat eye infections.
I have heard of some non-medicinal "cures" for eye infections, however the danger is that the infection will get worse and ultimately cause permanent vision loss while waiting for such remedies to be effective. If you think you have an eye infection you should seek an ophthalmologist to help you immediately.

In brief: No!
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice
In brief: Check this out
Is she a qualified professional? I suggest checking this out with a medical doctor, naturopath or herbalist.

In brief: Check this out
Dr. Harold Mandel
Dr. Harold Mandel
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: Conjunctivitis
I don't think you should put anything not sterile on your eyes.
Pls see the real dr before damaging your delicate eyes.

In brief: Conjunctivitis
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Not sure
Knowledgeable in what sense? Medical or pharmacy school?Formal education? Be careful!

In brief: Not sure
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster