I did a search for diagnosis of some of my symptoms and came up with guillain-barre syndrome. What do doctors look for to diagnose it?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Guillain-Barre syndr
Guillain-barre syndrome is a post-viral disease where antibodies attack the lining of the nerves.
The longest nerves get affected first--i.e., the nerves to the hands and feet. You may feel some numbness, but the hallmark sign is weakness, ultimately inability to walk. Symptoms are progressive and ultimately if the diaphragm muscle gets weak you will have trouble breathing.

In brief: Guillain-Barre syndr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Clinical Diagnosis
This is the most common cause of acute generalized paralysis in the western world.
It is usually a progressive ascending paralysis. The spinal fluid usually has increased protein without inflammatory cells and a normal glucose level. Certain patterns of protein are more common.

In brief: Clinical Diagnosis
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Eric Weisman