What are bronchial asthma and chronic bronchitis?

Different Conditions. Bronchial Asthma is chronic Inflamatory disease of the airways&causes episodes of Bronchospasm causing cough,Wheezing&shortness of breath which is reversible with use of Bronchodilaters like Albuterol Chronic Bronchitis is inflammation&irritation of the airways and is irreversible even with use of Bronchodilatrs like Albuterol and it produces excessive mucus and cough persist more than3months/year.
Indeed. Although both conditions involve inflammation in the airways, asthma is associated with airway constriction often related to allergy. People with asthma often have wheezing, shortness of breath, and coughing. Chronic bronchitis is usually associated with tobacco smoking (not allergy) and the symptoms consist mainly of a wet cough (phlegm production).