I am a nervous wreck. My daughter has non-hodgkin's lymphoma. Can you tell me about it?

What type? There are multiple type of nhl? They have a varying prognosis. Do you know what subtype she has?
Different types. Non hodgkins lymphoma (nhl) is a malignancy from lymphocytes (one type of white cells) from the lymph nodes, however it can affect both lymph nodes and tissue outside lymph nodes. Generally speaking chemotherapy and radiation will give very good chance of cure. But there are dfferent types of nhl that need catered treatment. Talk to your oncologist for specific questions.
Need more informatio. Nhl is actually a conglomerate of many different types of lymphoma. This category encompasses both b cell and t cell disorders as well as low grade and high grade disorders. In todays world a diagnosis of nhl is meaningleess as we now understand the differences between many of these lymphomas. In order to provide a more meaningful answer the type of nhl would be needed.
Non hodgkin lymphoma. Many types of non hodgkin lymphoma-from the indolent one to the agressive type of nhl. Prognosis will depend on many factors, most importantly on the type of nhl and other molecular factors. Stage, overall health status are also important. In general, it is treatable and in majority cases is highly curable disease. Find more info at www. Nccn. Com and www. Cancer. Gov ; and discuss with your oncologist.