How will I know if I have nasal polyps?

Dr. John Overholt
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Have someone look
Symptoms of nasal polyps might include nasal congestion and poor sense of smell.
They can sometimes be seen on simple examination, but might require a nasal endoscopy or a scan to fully evaluate.

In brief: Have someone look
Dr. John Overholt
Dr. John Overholt
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Polyps block the flow of mucous from sinus cavities into the nose often resulting into recurrent or chronic sinus infection. The symptoms of sinusitis include thick yellow, green, or yellow-green discharge from the nose and cough. I totally agree with the idea for a nasal examination.
Dr. Andrew Murphy
In brief: Exam
Nasal polyps arise from the epithelium cells that line one's sinus.
If sinus inflammation is bad enough these cells can squeeze out of the sinuses and been seen in the nose. They are essentially little bags of inflammation that can cause nasal congestion, alter the shape of your nose if big enough and alter your smell. There are multiple cause of polyps and one should be eval by an allergist.

In brief: Exam
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Nasal obstruction
Blocked breathing is the most common symptom. See an ENT for evaluation.

In brief: Nasal obstruction
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Nasal examination
The best method of determining if you have nasal polyps is an examination by an ENT physician.

In brief: Nasal examination
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel