I hear a crunching noise when I turn my neck. Is this bad? Should I have it checked?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Probably not

Many people have joints that make noises, either to the person and occasionally to other people.
The most common being someone who cracks their knuckles, or the person whose shoulders make various noises. These are generally benign, but if you start having persisting pain, weakness or numbness, it should be evaluated.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Depends

Is there pain with the crunch ? The crunch alone means little, but pain is your indication something more serious may be going on.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ward Dean