How is an endocrine tumor diagnosed?

Combination. A combination of techniques is used to diagnose endocrine tumors. First the patient's symptoms are looked at closely. Lab work is done to verify levels and markers of hormones. Imaging such as mri, ct, ultrasound, or endoscopy can be used to visualize tumor masses. There are dna tests for tumors that are part of a syndrome.
Depends. There are so many different types of endocrine tumors, your question is unfortunately too vague to answer accurately. Diagnosis first depends on determining the hormonal function of the tumor, followed by specialized radiology testing specific for that kind of tumor.