I'm getting laughing gas for my wisdom teeth then the iv. Im worried it will hurt. Will it?

Dr. Richard Reinitz
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: No

The laughing gas and IV will get you calm and relaxed.
Then the dentist will numb the involved area. Once that happens you will feel perhaps some pressure but no pain.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Reinitz
Dr. Richard Reinitz
Dr. Joseph Wineman
Dentistry

In brief: Getting IV

Laughing gas may relax you to the point you will feel nothing when the IV is started.
Suggest you take your ipod or cell phone and headphones to your appointment, insert the ear buds and crank up the music as they begin the treatment, you will be fine.

In brief: Getting IV

Dr. Joseph Wineman
Dr. Joseph Wineman
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No

No. With Iv anesthesia, you should be deeply sedated.
Likely remember nothing about the procedure. Post op pain managed nicely with pain meds.

In brief: No

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Andrea Brand