1 doctor weighed in:
How do I explain to my daughter what it means to have pesticide overdose?
1 doctor weighed in

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Family Medicine
In brief: Too much poison
Pesticide is basically a type of poison, and an overdose is any level above the recommended safe-threshold.
Thus, the simplest terms to tell a child is probably "too much poison" chidlren's skin is thinner and thus absorbs more/faster of the pesticides, and get od much quicker either through skin or accidental oral ingestions. Caution/prevention is key. Consult poison control/doc.. Good luck.

In brief: Too much poison
Pesticide is basically a type of poison, and an overdose is any level above the recommended safe-threshold.
Thus, the simplest terms to tell a child is probably "too much poison" chidlren's skin is thinner and thus absorbs more/faster of the pesticides, and get od much quicker either through skin or accidental oral ingestions. Caution/prevention is key. Consult poison control/doc.. Good luck.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Shontae Buffington
Board Certified, Pediatrics
13 years in practice
836K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors