After I retired last year, my wife and I began walking for exercise to help the back problem I have had for years. I have noticed over the past

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: No question here
Walking is one of the best possible exercises if done regularly.
In societies in which walking is common, the incidence of cardiovascular disease is decidedly lower. So keep it up. A physical therapist can help with back stretches and maneuvers to help relieve back pain. Avoid going to a chiropractor.

In brief: No question here
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Great!
I am not sure if you are just making a comment or having a concern.
Walking is a great exercise. It may help but it may also cause worsening of back pain depending on the problem. Staying active, however, is greatly recommended in musculoskeletal problems, but there may be other types of exercise that are better tolerated, such as swimming and bicycling.

In brief: Great!
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine