How can you avoid joint pain?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Common

It is probably not possible to completely avoid joint pain.
I am not sure I have ever met a person who hasn't had some type of joint pain at some point in there life. However, there are things you can do to keep your joints healthy. This would include having a healthy weight, staying physically active, eating a diet rich in whole food including lots of veggies, and less red meat.

In brief: Common

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Peter Ihle
Don't put Ur joints @ risk. Contact sports esp . against with people above Ur level of performance.
Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: Depends

Joint pain can be related to an injury, degenerative process or several other causes.
The major cause of joint pain that i see in my orthopedic practice is weight related. Morbid obesity is the fastest growing segment of patients with joint pain. The knees are affected the most, followed by the hip and lumbar spine. If you can lose weight you can limit chance of joint pain.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine