How can my neck be the problem when I feel the pain in my arm?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Referred pain.

A nerve in your neck that is inflammed or con pressed can cause pain in the arm. See md for evaluation, options including exercise and medications to relieve symptoms.

In brief: Referred pain.

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Nerve Pain

The nerves exiting the cervical spine, and especially the last 4 nerves, supply the anatomy of the upper extremity (on the side of the problem).
When your neck is bothering you (or not) pain in the upper arm, or to the elbow, or to the hand, or to the fingers (which is dependent on how low the affected nerve is), then you know that the nerve is involved.

In brief: Nerve Pain

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Cindy Juster