Give me a hint. What kind of hassle am I facing if doc suspects goodpasture syndrome? What is required to diagnose?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Blood test & biopsy
There is a blood test for it called anti gbm antibody which is the antibody that attacks glomerular basement membrane gbm causing kidney failure.
Kidney biopsy finding the antibody in kidney tissue is diagnostic. Antibodies may invade lungs too. Treatment is steroids and other immunosuppression meds to arrest disease. May well need plasma exchange. If late diagnosis, may require dialysis.

In brief: Blood test & biopsy
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology