For centuries children and adults did ok treating polycystic kidney disease with home remedies. Why can't i?

We know more now. Polycystic kidney disease has been around for a while, home therapies had the advantage of not being scientifically tested. Thisdisease also causes different degrees of illness in different victims, fooling docs into thinking that the "home remedy" was effective, when the disease was just not as bad in that patient. Home remedies should be used with the help of a doctor.
Sure. And their expected lifespan was about 25-30 years in that era.Many of these remedies just gave people something to do. Think about it.
These are not enough. Your outcome will be far better with close medical follow up. Aggressive treatment of hypertension results in slowing the progression of kidney failure. Complications such as cyst bleeding, pain, infections, and kidney stones are best managed by your physician. As kidney function worsens over time, your physician can guide you in preparing for dialysis and /or transplantation.