I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Does this mean I am crazy?

NO. No you are not crazy, limited percentage of people suffering from mental illness loose touch with reality and usually it is temporary under exacerbation situations, once remission take place, usually they regain control. Bpd is not associated with loss of touch with reality except in severe cases and for brief periods. See help, it is effective, good luck and feel better.
No, period. Dr marsha linehan, respected psychologist credited w/developing approach 4 treating borderline personality disorder -dubbed "dialectical behavior therapy"- herself had been diagnosed w/ bdp. Read her story via @nytimes: http://nyti.Ms/yxtgz8 -& dbt skills help foster development of strong sense of self... Help teach people 2 self-soothe & communicate feelings- including difficult/intense feelings.