Are abandonment fears in borderline personality disorder considered infantile features?

Adults fear it too. Fear of abandonment is, if we're honest, wide spread. Panic and terrible reactive behaviors are, fortunately, rare and might be seen in bpd. I think the word "infantile" refers to the basis of the problem. That it begins when a baby experiences ongoing stress from questionable parenting - even including actual or temporary abandonment. It disrupts the development of trust which is critical.