I got breast implants a few years ago now when i lay down they fall over to the sides towards my armpits, what can I do to correct this?

Dr. Eugene Sidoti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Tissue can stretch

Frequently after augmentation surgery the tissues can stretch and become looser over time.
The time for this to occur varies from patient to patient. The solutions vary as well. You would be best served by obtaining a consultation from board certified plastic surgeon with experience in augmentation breast surgery.

In brief: Tissue can stretch

Dr. Eugene Sidoti
Dr. Eugene Sidoti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Revisionary Surgery

Breast implant displacement problems can be corrected using revisionary breast surgery techniques.
In your case, it sounds like you may benefit from internal suture “repair” of the breast implant pockets (capsulorraphy). This repair will prevent the breast implants from shifting off to the sides, especially when you lie down. The nipple/areola complexes will thereby be in better position also.

In brief: Revisionary Surgery

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Gregory Surfield
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Revision

Implants may move over time.
Some movement can be normal. You should have this evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon near you. Go to plasticsurgery.Org and click on the find a surgeon tab.

In brief: Revision

Implants may move over time.
Dr. Gregory Surfield
Dr. Gregory Surfield
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Please see the plas

Plastic surgeon, you will need surgery to fix that problem.

In brief: Please see the plas

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jane Van Dis