I take trazodone 100 mg for sleep, but it is not working as well after a year. Are there any other effective sleep aids?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Bipolar Disorder

I am in full agreement with sleep hygiene suggestions -- and am also concerned because your patient information lists "bipolar disorder.
" sleep problems can warn of a hypomanic or manic episode developing -- and if you have more depression too, it warrants seeing your psychiatrist for a thorough re-check. To me, that needs to come first before any new medications. Be well.

In brief: Bipolar Disorder

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
trazodone makes you sleepy, no doubt but doesn't contribute to more or better sleep after many many studies. Sometimes it is not quantity as much as quality. The point about depression/anxiety is also very important because these often need to get taken care of concomitantly. Would be interested to see if a sleep study has been completed.
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: Sleep hygiene

But short time aid could be melatonin or Ambien (zolpidem) .
The may help you fall asleep. Definitely need sleep hygiene and echocardiogram since you have HTN and peripheral edema.

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Have you ever had a sleep study?

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Have you ever had a sleep study?
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim