Any remedies for a fast heart rate I can try at home?

Yes. If your fast heart rate is due to normal mechanisms, relaxation techniques like yoga, self-hypnosis, slow breaths, etc will work. If it's due to supraventricular tachycardia, valsalva maneuvers like bearing down (like having a bm) sometimes helps. If it's due to atrial fibrillation, there's nothing you can do by yourself. If it's due to rarer causes, you definitely need to see a cardiologist!
Not really. The differential diagnosis of tachycardia (rapid heart rate) is broad and is dependent on the rhythm your hear is in. There are some serious causes so I would advise you to see your primary care provider about this to determine the cause and therapy.