Does a gluten free diet give you health benefits?

Probably not. Nobody knows what percentage of people are gluten-sensitive (celiac sprue / dermatitis herpetiformis). Because these people respond so dramatically to a gluten-free diet, and because any claim will attract believers, a gluten-free diet is now being promoted for everything. If there is any benefit for the non-allergic, it has resisted demonstration to the satisfaction of most scientists.
Weight loss. Avoiding gluten will likely reduce your total carb intake and consequently lowering your body weight and exposure to sugar. I do think that gluten intolerance is way overdone.
Not much unless... Gluten sensitive enteropathy is an inflammatory condition of the small bowel where its lining flattens after exposure to dietary gluten, with associated malabsorption, anemia, increased cancer risk.Gluten intolerance occurs in about 10% of americans who may get diarrhea after exceeding their threshold for gluten intake. Short of these patients, trying a gluten free diet is giving in to just a fad.