My chiro said my lhermitte's signal was from anxiety. Is that possible?

In brief: Hmm!?

Lhermitte's sign has multiple different causes such as trauma, radiation, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord compression, chemotherapy, vitamin B12 deficiency, as well as discontinuation from medications (such as ssri's).
I was not familiar w this as a sign of anxiety – however, if there is a great deal of anxious tension in the neck/upper back muscles- it seems theoretically possible.

In brief: Hmm!?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: Who knows ?

By definition, "alternative" is different than modern western medicine.
Generally any drug, herb, treatment, or procedure that stands up to rigorous scientific scrutiny is included in modern medicine. The problem is that many alternative practices, chiro, etc. do not stand up to scientific scrutiny and cannot be shown to work. They therefore remain "alternative". Be careful and watch your $$

In brief: Who knows ?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Alvin Stein
Pain Management

In brief: Cervical instability

More likely cervical instability allows for falso motion of the vertebrae on flexion of the spine.
I would not want any chiropractic manipulation with that sign present. Prolotherapy can treat this without surgery. Visit www.Getprolo.Com or www.Aaomed.Org to learn about prolotherapy and to find a doctor.

In brief: Cervical instability

Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Alvin Stein
Dr. Jack Hinkle