If a sprain is worse than severe, does it become a fracture (like an ankle fracture)? How are they related?

A sprain is a sprain. A sprain will not lead to a fracture unless there is another injury. Immobilization will be of benefit to stabilize the area.
Fracture. Involves bone. A sprain involves ligament. If the sprain is sever the ligament may be torn. It is possible to have a fracture and a sprain.
Trauma causes both. A sprain is a painful, traumatic stretch of a ligament or muscle. If severe it could rupture the tendon. Fractures occur from direct trauma, but not by extension of a sprain. For any of these ice the part involved and see an er doc or an orthopedic specialist to have it evaluated and proper treatment applied.
Let me explain. Sprian were the ligment strech to a piont tell ruptre. Fractur were the bone broken and could be seperated. Thanks.