I was taking 6 Xanax (alprazolam) a day priscribed by my doctor, I took myself off over a week ago. How much longer will I be having withdrawal symptoms?

Dangerous. This is really dangerous, and i urge you contact your own prescribing physician immediately. Abruptly stopping xanax (alprazolam) and other benzodiazepines can cause seizures. Your body needs at least 75 hours to process xanax (alprazolam) out of your system, and your age, liver condition, & smoking can change this timing. So the length of physical withdrawal can vary. There have been published fatalities.