How do I know if my child has allergies?

Dr. Raffia Qutab

In brief: Allergies

Sneezing, itching, runny nose, watery eyes, loose stools, lethargic, confused, to name just a few symptoms.
A blood test can pin point the allergens. I am not a big fan of the skin allergy test.

In brief: Allergies

Dr. Raffia Qutab
Dr. Raffia Qutab
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: History and testing

The symptoms and timing is important to consider allergies, but testing is key to confirmation.
Allergy skin testing remains the best test to confirm. Blood tests can lead to a false positive test. Newer skin test devices are quick, easy and less painful than a needle for a blood test. Also, skin test results are available in 20 minutes and frequently less expensive.

In brief: History and testing

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen