The latest information on fibromyalgia?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Mostly new drugs
The newest fibromyalgia information mostly for treatment still remains exercise and a good sleep cycle.
We continue to use antidepressants with Cymbalta being used commonly secondary to its pain relief effects. We also now have savella (milnacipran) and I have had mixed results with the drug. Lyrica and Neurontin are also still used for the treatment of the pain. Stay positive and exercise.

In brief: Mostly new drugs
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Michael Joseph
Cognitive behavioral therapy has also shown to be beneficial and the combination of medication, exercise and therapy has the best effects.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: Confusion
? of "latest information on fibromyalgia".
No diagnostic lab or imaging study exists. Experts have offered a written questionnaire purported to make the diagnosis. Many specialists disbelieve that fibromyalgia is even a distinct disorder. In my opinion, the constellation of symptoms called "fibromyalgia" represents a multifactorial array of several distinct and diagnosable soft tissue disorders.

In brief: Confusion
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: There is a treatment
Patients with fibromyalgia suffer from widespread muscle pain.
The cause is an abnormality of nerve chemicals called neurotransmitters in the central nervous system. Patients with fibromyalgia have been found to have low levels of norepinephrine-a neurotransmitter responsible for down regulation of pain signals. New drugs have been developed to correct this problem--savella and cymbalta (duloxetine).

In brief: There is a treatment
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Adam Levy