I had a large pilonidal cyst excised 2 yrs ago and fractured sternum prior. Can either lead to spine-alignment/posture/gait/shoulder problems + pain?

David Miller
In brief: Both certainly could
Both of these can cause posture, shoulder, back and/or gait problems.
The pilonidal cyst likely had you sitting in funny ways to keep it from hurting. You might have even been walking funny as a result. Whatever impact fractured your sternum almost certainly affected you shoulder girdle and/or thoracic spin. You should seek out a do skilled in omm to help set you straight.

In brief: Both certainly could
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
2 comments
David Miller
Absolutely! Let us know how it turns out.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
you are welcome. best of luck.
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: No for Pilo
The fracture sternum - the traums that caused that fracture may have had enough impact to cause something. But really, you should speak with your physician about this. Definitely pilonidal cannot.

In brief: No for Pilo
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Maybe sternal fx
Excision of a pilonidal cyst would not be associated with the symptoms you describe.
However, it takes great force to fracture the sternum. It may be that the episode that caused the sternal fracture also caused other musculoskeletal problems that have resulted in your current symptoms. I suggest consultation with an orthopedic surgeon or sports medicine specialist.

In brief: Maybe sternal fx
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery