Im 38, female! is taking epsom salt to detox my self twice a week bad for me?

Dr. Shaym Puppala
In brief: Not likely to help
The body does a good job of detoxifying itself through the actions of the liver and kidneys.
The colon continuously regenerates its lining without any help. Rather than benefit from taking laxatives like epsom salts (magnesium sulfate), you may have ill effects due to washing out the protective bacteria of the gut. I advise against such treatment.

In brief: Not likely to help
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Detox from what?
Diarrhea doesn't detox anybody from anything.
I have to tell you this is my personal bias, but it is based on the medical/scientific literature. For the most part, everything anybody recommends to "detox" your body is a bunch of worthless bs (at best) and harmful (at worst). Magnesium salts cause diarrhea, but too much of it can dehydrate you and cause harm.

In brief: Detox from what?
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Jane Van Dis