Knee makes a snapping motion when I put my hand over my knee cap stops till it makes a loud snap then stops with the sound hurts a little that normal?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: No not
This condition happen when you have arthritis between the thigh bone and the knee cap, when arthritis set in the joint the joint start to have rough service which cause friction which cause the noise and the pain with it.
God luck. Thank you.

In brief: No not
God luck. Thank you.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Nolan Segal
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: No
The pain is not normal.
Snapping without pain is common. The problem could be a plica or a patellar alignment issue. You should do quadriceps strengthening.

In brief: No
The pain is not normal.
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine