My 13 month old son has what I believe is a eye infection he has this white yellowish goo his eye is kind of red & getting small. How can I cure this?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Have him seen

His pediatrician or family physician can treat it, and if not improving, refer him to an eye specialist.

In brief: Have him seen

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Be seen

It certainly sounds like an infection with the yellow drainage and the red eye.
I am not sure what the "getting small" means though. If this is a recurring problem since newborn he could have a blocked tearduct. This is less likely if the problem is new. Eye infections often need antibiotic drops, so if it persists, best to get checked.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder