I have a cold/flu, but when I cough, it tastes metallic and my sputum is yellow/green.. Is this bad? Could it be from smoking?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Smoking!
Ok, people often get yellow/green sputum from uri's and as long as it resolves within a week or so then patients do well.
If it doesnt resolve after 7-10 days or if it gets worse then see your primary md. Smoking is bad for your lungs period. It prevents the lung from clearing out infections. And yes, it can be from smoking. The metallic taste can be from the smoking or from the current uri.

In brief: Smoking!
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Yes it could
Maybe a signal from the gods. Time to quit?

In brief: Yes it could
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology