I have very poor fine motor skills: my hand writing is terrible, im awkward with my hands and its very frustrating. Is there a medical cause for this?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Yes, need specialist

Fine motor skills generally involves proper use of fingers in conjunction with the eyes and the brain.
The problem described requires a careful history by a knowledgable physician. For example your age, is it new, is it progressive, is it lifelong, is it a problem developed after head trauma etc. You need a fine neurologist. Allow me to refer you to a 'colleague', dr. Arielle kurzweil.

In brief: Yes, need specialist

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Robert Greer

Your age and medical history are critical to this question.
You are describing "tremor" and there are many ways to treat this.Contact your dr.He/she can probably help.

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer