My 11 year old daughter had her first period has has been bleeding for 7 days, is this normal or should I take her to see a doctor?

In brief: Maybe
While it's not unusual for young women to bleed 7 days, it's probably a good idea to call her doctor. If the flow is slowing, i would ask the family to call me in 2 days.
If it's heavy, she should be seen, checked for anemia, etc. If cycles remain long, heavy or with a short duration between them-consult your doctor.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
In brief: Light or heavy???
First cycles are often a bit odd as most young women will not ovulate ( release an egg) & form the hormone which stops the flow.
Irregular timing, weeks to months between cycles is common. Light flow over several days would not be as worrisome as heavy flow. A call to your dr's office to discuss your childs situation is reasonable.

In brief: Light or heavy???
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Common
This is stil considered common/normal.
..If her flow is lessening, i would not be too concerned. If, however, her bleeding is becoming more severe and/or having pain, i would have her seen quickly. She is likely to have irregular period for the next couple of years, whih is typical. When in doubt, check with your doc. Good luck.

In brief: Common
This is stil considered common/normal.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Shontae Buffington